Author Topic: CPU/GPU cooling RE: Zalman  (Read 8507 times)

Offline FEVER

• Static Discharge
    • View Profile
CPU/GPU cooling RE: Zalman
« on: February 05, 2007, 04:26:44 pm »
 The Zalman CNPS9500AT.....(the Nvidia edition CPU cooler for LGA775) Do you think the green LED's can be accessed to swap colors? I cant seem to see on pictures, exactly where theyre located on the unit. Are they 3mm LED's or chips?
 Second question i feel silly for asking. I have 2 EVGA 7950 GT's. Am i under the wrong impression that the stock cooling fans are PWM/speed controlled "as needed"  VIA temperature changes? I cant seem to find online....guess i can call techy support......
 If so, an aftermarket GPU cooler, say, Zalman VF900-cu, can be wired/plugged directly to the cards stock plug........right? 

Offline FEVER

• Static Discharge
    • View Profile
Re: CPU/GPU cooling RE: Zalman
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 05:50:25 am »
 BTW Zeus, you're reviews definately dont go unnoticed. I see alot more unregistered "guest users" online BCC late-night, than i remember seeing a few years ago!
  Noctura just sold 2 more $20 120mm fans, and Zalman sold another $70 CPU cooler & 2 $40 VGA coolers.
 Your advice & advertisement is paying off for these manufacturers, by them supplying you with gear for review. Next time you contact one of them, you should let them know, sales are being generated, and final decisions are being made, all from the infamous BCC site! Feel free to forward this too BTW.

Nathaniel Dvorak
 Florida, USA

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Re: CPU/GPU cooling RE: Zalman
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 06:32:09 am »
Thanks for the props FEVER.  It is nice to know that products we recommend are being used by the community.

As far swapping out LED's in the fan, I don't think you can do it - unless you take the fan motor itself apart.  I see no reason why you can't use the aftermarket GPU cooler and plug it into your cards fan header for PWM based on temperature, but if you can route fan cables out of the way, you'll get better performance and less noise if you set them at a static speed and just let them run.  The Zalman fans won't need to ever spin up more than 9v worth.

Also, check your PM.  ;)