Author Topic: Episode #19 - Office 2010 Beta, Black Friday Madness and Chrome OS Hands-on  (Read 5275 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
We have just posted up Episode #19 of Weekly Tech Update.  Below are the show notes and some details on how you can more free stuff.

Download Episode #19
Subscribe to the feed.
Subscribe in iTunes!
Subscribe in Zune Marketplace!

Apple vs. Psystar 6:38
Another round of Apple vs. Psystar and with the total company assets valued at $50,000 I believe that Psystar might be close to being gone for good.  Iím sure that Apple would love to finally flush this turd, instead of having it circle the bowl.

Apple 27Ē iMacís DOA and broken

Office 2010 Previewed 20:59
Lifehacker has a look at the new Office 2010 beta.  This is a pretty nice look at a pretty nice office system.  It will integrate better with Skydrive, and Office Live.  It looks pretty good and you can even download your beta copy over here.

Itís time to break up with Hulu 26:50
Hulu has been a great video service that allows you to stream your favorite TV shows and even some movies for free.  This has been a great service, but the free ride is almost over.  It will be a subscription based service sometime in 2010.  Hulu video numbers over here.

Chrome Loving Ė or Hating 39:34
Iíve tried out the new Operating System from our second favorite search company.  Google has recently released their beta OS and Iím not as impressed as other people.  Engadget likes it, but I see issues with offline browsing.  Itís still beta of course, but Iím still not super impressed Ė without Google Wave, youíre a bit limited.

Just for fun - Anti-Theft lunchbag 46:49
You can use the lunchbag to prevent people from stealing your lunch Ė or you can put your buddyís lunch in the bag so he wonít eat it.  You can score a better lunch upgrade.

Reviews since Episode #18:
SanDisk 16GB Extreme Pro CompactFlash 47:56
NZXT Gamma Classic Case 50:55

Upcoming BCCHardware Features:
RAIDMAX Skyline Case

Contests!!

November Ultra X4 850W PSU Draw!!
New CoolIT Domino ALC Cooler Ė Merry Christmas

Follow us on Twitter
Ben Heide is twitter.com/bcchardware
WeeklyTechUpdate is twitter.com/wtupdate
Drop Jason an email at jason@bcchardware.com
« Last Edit: December 01, 2009, 09:43:23 pm by Zeus »

Offline Teh Pyro

• BCC n00b
  • Medic!
    • View Profile
I was a bit dissappointed when Hulu decided to start charging, but there will always be new stream services coming out. Hopefully Google will try to dominate this market soon with something innovative.

I've never heard of Psystar that much until recently but it looks like they're really pissing the giant fruit off. Even if they do get shut down, people will always find a way to make Hackintoshes for personal use. I'd personally spare the trouble and boot up a Linux distro :D