Author Topic: Episode #21 - JooJoo, Apple Tablet and Opera Love  (Read 7611 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Episode #21 - JooJoo, Apple Tablet and Opera Love
« on: December 14, 2009, 09:15:09 pm »
We have just posted up Episode #21 of Weekly Tech Update.  Below are the show notes and some details on how you can more free stuff.

Download Episode #21
Subscribe to the feed.
Subscribe in iTunes!
Subscribe in Zune Marketplace!

Hands On With the JooJoo, Formerly Known as CrunchPad 1:50
The Crunchpad gets scrapped and sold its soul to JooJoo.  In exchange for the heart of this project, it gets a 2.5x price increase and offers nothing better than the original intentioned product.  It isn’t technically vapor-ware as it is coming, but the original idea.  Still it looks good and compared to the $1000 Apple Tablet (rumored) it’s a deal at $500.

Apple tablet computer may arrive in March. 7:39
The original price of the Apple Tablet was rumored to be around $500 and now they are looking more around the $1000.  It seems that these companies can’t even get close their estimates.  I don’t know which one I’d buy, but I’d probably go half price with the JooJoo.

AT&T on the Decline 14:08
Advertising is super effective.  Since Verizon has released their “There’s A Map for That” ad campaign and Christmas ad campaign, AT&T’s market share has been slipping.  Apple has proven how effective ads are and Verizon is making it work for them.  People are getting the picture and bailing on AT&T but they aren’t all going to Verizon.  Maybe Verizon should charge other companies for new customers based on these ads.
There's a Map for That
Verizon Misfit Toys
Naughty and Nice

Globalive to Start Service as Canada Reverses Ruling 18:20
It seems that Canada will be getting another Cell Phone provider that is going to try and be a big player.  Global Live’s brand will be “WIND Mobile” and Telus, Bell and Rogers are pissed.  They don’t want competition and the CRTC even tried to shut them down.  It appears that the government overturned the CRTC – yay for the government for a change.

5 Fabulous New Features Google Unveiled. 28:30
Google doesn’t stop innovating and they’ve published a few new features that are worth checking out.   My favorite is near-instant voice translation.  There are other location based features as well, but these features are still pretty neat. Check out Google Goggles as well.

Opera Web Browser 10.10 Worth Downloading 34:25
Opera has always been a distant running in the browser market, but 10.10 has a whole pile of features that make it stand out from the crowd.  Things like file sharing, document sync between computers, media streaming, webcam sharing and a whole lot more.  All from the browser.  More browser features can be found over here.  One of the most amazing things is that it received over 12 Million downloads in the week it was released.  It’s a sleeper that deserves a second look.

Check out my Opera Unite Profile and features here[/url]  Twitter me for a password to access features! http://twitter.com/wtupdate

CES Chit Chat 45:02
We’ve got meetings with some big companies and some nice press conferences booked.  Make sure you check out our daily CES coverage at www.bcchardware.com and daily podcasts at www.weeklytechupdate.com

CoolIT Domino Contest!

Reviews since Episode #20:
Zalman MS1000-HS2 Case 51:25
Trendnet TEW-649UB Mini Wireless N  53:19

Upcoming BCCHardware features:
Thermaltake TR2 RX 750W PSU
24GB DDR3 and Windows 7
GeLID Solutions Tranquillo
Zalman CNPS 10X Flex
Noctua NH-D14 HSF

Follow us on Twitter
Ben Heide is twitter.com/bcchardware
WeeklyTechUpdate is twitter.com/wtupdate
Drop Jason an email at jason@bcchardware.com
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 09:20:11 am by Zeus »

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Re: Episode #21 - JooJoo, Apple Tablet and Opera Love
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2009, 09:08:53 am »
Don't forget to request a password by sending a tweet to www.twitter.com/bcchardware or www.twitter.com/wtupdate

Anyone can write a note on the fridge however...

Offline crowTrobot

• BCC n00b
    • View Profile
Re: Episode #21 - JooJoo, Apple Tablet and Opera Love
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 05:14:28 pm »
Nice to hear some Opera love. 

I've been a long time Opera user since way back when it was a paid software in 1998.

Still using it and my only complaint is that I can't use it on my iPhone.  So many features I have just started to figure out as well, I just learned of Synchronization 2 months ago. lol, now I can't imagine not having it. 

I have yet to try Unite, I'll send a tweet to check the bcc page out.