Author Topic: Episode #65 - Apple's Big Fall Launch  (Read 3461 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Episode #65 - Apple's Big Fall Launch
« on: September 07, 2010, 05:14:00 AM »
We have just posted up Episode #65 of Weekly Tech Update.  Below are the show notes and more.
This episode of Weekly Tech Update is brought to you by CoolIT Systems.

Download Episode #65
Subscribe to the feed.
Subscribe in iTunes!
Subscribe in Zune Marketplace!

CFL Mobile App from Telus Good Stuff! 2:20
If you want to get stats, schedules and even watch some of your favorite teams live-steamed to your phone, this is the way to go.  Although its free, remember that it eats a lot of data!!

Android chipping away at iPhones smartphone lead in Web Consumption 6:40
Even though iPhones are the big eaters when it comes to chewing up mobile internet, Android is starting to gain some ground and take away market share from Apple.  I find this interesting as more Android users come on board.  Apple will have to do something different.  Releasing a refresh of the same product every year wont last forever.

Big Fall Product Launch 13:38
Although many people dont think Apple had anything all that new or exciting, Jason is really excited about the new Nano.  Of course, other big news is the new iPod Touch as it comes with a Retina display, cameras, microphone and the same A4 processor in the new iPhone 4. Other news of course is the Apple TV for a mere $99.  I think that will be the big player around Christmas.  Jason thinks it will be the iWatch.

Microsoft Zune on United Airlines 25:40
Microsoft has brokered a deal with United Airlines and are rolling out 500 ZuneHD devices for in-flight service on long-haul flights to Hong Kong and Australia. I think in-flight entertainment works fine, but apparently its worth a shot in order to get ZuneHDs into the hands of more people.  It might work although I think the Zune platform is sadly dying.

Twitter.com Sucks and 78% of Users Still Go There 30:42
Jason loves this story because he hates Twitter, but even I have to agree that the Twitter.com site stinks.  Although it sucks a lot of users still go there.  There has been next-to-no innovation on the site, while the API and clients work great.  Still, 78% of 175 Million people going to a site that sucks, er, sucks.

Duke Nukem Finally 35:50
Take Two Interactive bought the rights to Duke Nuken Forever back in 2009 and they had a playable demo showcased at PAX this last week.  After 12 years it looks like Duke Nuken Forever could finally land.  It will have a very strong M rating so dont plan on putting this under the tree for your favorite elementary school child this Christmas or next Christmas or ever.

Recent Reviews:
Thermaltake Massive23 LX Notebook Cooler
NZXT HALE90 750W PSU
Arctic Sound P531 5.1 USB Gaming Headset

Upcoming BCCHardware features:
ASRock 890FX Extreme 4 Motherboard
Nook eBook Reader
Arctic Products Headset
Wireless USB Dock

Win a headset from Wicked Audio  - send news to podcast@bcchardware.com with WTUin the subject line.  All non-spam emails count as one entry.  Enter as many times as you like!

Follow us on Twitter
Ben Heide is twitter.com/bcchardware
WeeklyTechUpdate is twitter.com/wtupdate
Send your comments directly to us at podcast@bcchardware.com or post them below in the forum.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 05:19:02 AM by Zeus »

Offline karleuf51423

• BCC n00b
    • View Profile
Re: Episode #65 - Apple's Big Fall Launch
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 09:41:23 AM »
Good Episode #65 is just let see it with good expectation. Many people dont think Apple had anything all that new or exciting.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 09:49:21 AM by Fujitsu »