The Samsung Galaxy S4 is not that new of a device, but it is still hot and selling well. In Texas, one teen found that her S4 was a little hotter than it should be as she woke up to a smoking device that she'd placed under her pillow while she was charging it and sleeping. Samsung is in the clear here as they have disclaimers about covering your phone while charging and the battery was a non-Samsung replacement. Still, this serves to warn you to monitor your phone and maybe not keep it under your pillow.
If I am awoken by smoke in the middle of the night, I assume the neighbors are having a key party again. However, one 13-year-old from Texas, says she was woken by a smoky smell and didn't even worry about it. She went back to sleep. For Ariel Tolfree, though, the smell didn't go away. When she woke up again, she noticed that her Samsung Galaxy S4 was melting under her pillow.