Recent Forum Topics
- Apple loses a big shareholder [0 replies]
- HTC to build the next Nexus? [0 replies]
- The State of Cord-Cutting [0 replies]
- Comcast buys DreamWorks [0 replies]
- WTU Episode #355 - Chrome OS Gets to (Google) Play [0 replies]
- Surface Phone is Due - in a Year [0 replies]
- iPhone Sales and Revenue Slide [0 replies]
- Pokemon Meets Ingress and is Awesome [0 replies]
Intel Core i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E
Intel originally launched the Sandy Bridge-E platform on very high-end CPUs, but because of the flat sales, they have started to move this quad-channel chip into the more affordable price range. Today, both HiTechLegion and TheSSDReview have a look at the Core i7-3820.
The Intel i7-3820 Sandy Bridge-E Processor puts the socket LGA2011 Intel Express X79 platform within reach. The i7-3820 has been released at a much more affordable price than its $500 and $900 bigger brothers. The i7-3820 still comes with extreme features that place it in the high end category. It is a quad core processor, however, there is Intel's Hyperthreading, allowing 8 total threads.