Recent Forum Topics
- Android App Pick - Hay Day [3 replies]
- Cool Video of the Day - Sparks from Falling Water [0 replies]
- New Google "Inbox" to Replace Traditional GMail [0 replies]
- New Windows 10 Animations (and how to disable them... [0 replies]
- AZZA XT 1W Full Tower Case [0 replies]
- Halo Nightfall Trailer [0 replies]
- iPad Air 2 "Smokes" - In a Good Way [0 replies]
- Blizzcon: Nothing Else Matters [0 replies]
Jelly Bean Brings More Nexus
Google will be making this difficult for carriers (but awesome for us consumers) if the rumors are true. It appears that Android 5.0 (Jelly Bean) will launch on at least five different devices from different manufacturers. They will be sold directly from Google and carry the Nexus brand. Yes. They will be factory and carrier unlocked. More at the Wall Street Journal.
Google plans to give multiple mobile-device makers early access to new releases of Android and to sell those devices directly to consumers, said people familiar with the matter. That is a shift from Google's previous practice, when it joined with with only one hardware maker at a time to produce "lead devices."