Recent Forum Topics
- Sony Unlocks More Power on the PS4 [0 replies]
- What Does a Boomerang Say? [0 replies]
- The Flagship Smartphone is Dead [0 replies]
- App Turns Writing into Trippy 3D Images [0 replies]
- Shiftwear ePaper Shoes - Really [0 replies]
- Apple to Ditch the Headphone Jack [0 replies]
- Lenovo and Razer Team up to Build Gaming PCs [0 replies]
- Jeremy Clarkson Helps Launch Amazon Prime Air [0 replies]
Jelly Bean Brings More Nexus
Google will be making this difficult for carriers (but awesome for us consumers) if the rumors are true. It appears that Android 5.0 (Jelly Bean) will launch on at least five different devices from different manufacturers. They will be sold directly from Google and carry the Nexus brand. Yes. They will be factory and carrier unlocked. More at the Wall Street Journal.
Google plans to give multiple mobile-device makers early access to new releases of Android and to sell those devices directly to consumers, said people familiar with the matter. That is a shift from Google's previous practice, when it joined with with only one hardware maker at a time to produce "lead devices."