Recent Forum Topics
- LANified! 17: MOBA Madness, Jun 21-22, Calgary LAN... [0 replies]
- AMD Refreshes "Never Settle Forever" [0 replies]
- New Lytro "Lightfield" Camera to cost $1500 [0 replies]
- Google to Help Samsung Fight Apple [0 replies]
- Microsoft Actually Buys up Nokia [0 replies]
- Netflix Raises Prices for New Customers [0 replies]
- 30 Minutes of Wolfenstein: The New Order [0 replies]
- WTU Episode #259 - Sony's PS4 Pulls Ahead by 2 Mil... [0 replies]
Jelly Bean Brings More Nexus
Google will be making this difficult for carriers (but awesome for us consumers) if the rumors are true. It appears that Android 5.0 (Jelly Bean) will launch on at least five different devices from different manufacturers. They will be sold directly from Google and carry the Nexus brand. Yes. They will be factory and carrier unlocked. More at the Wall Street Journal.
Google plans to give multiple mobile-device makers early access to new releases of Android and to sell those devices directly to consumers, said people familiar with the matter. That is a shift from Google's previous practice, when it joined with with only one hardware maker at a time to produce "lead devices."