Recent Forum Topics
- ASUStor AS5004T 4-Bay NAS Review [0 replies]
- Pump Up The Bass To Put Out the Fire [0 replies]
- Apple Might Be Releasing a New iPhone 6C [0 replies]
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Drop Test [0 replies]
- Halo 5 Lands on Xbox One October 27 [0 replies]
- Apple Watch Edition Customers Treated Like Mr. Mon... [0 replies]
- Final Fantasy Update + Fast & Forza [0 replies]
- Amazon Takes Cloud Storage Battle to Next Level [0 replies]
Jelly Bean Brings More Nexus
Google will be making this difficult for carriers (but awesome for us consumers) if the rumors are true. It appears that Android 5.0 (Jelly Bean) will launch on at least five different devices from different manufacturers. They will be sold directly from Google and carry the Nexus brand. Yes. They will be factory and carrier unlocked. More at the Wall Street Journal.
Google plans to give multiple mobile-device makers early access to new releases of Android and to sell those devices directly to consumers, said people familiar with the matter. That is a shift from Google's previous practice, when it joined with with only one hardware maker at a time to produce "lead devices."