Recent Forum Topics
- 50 of the best cancelled video games [0 replies]
- PS4 sells 7 Million units [0 replies]
- Steam Statistics [0 replies]
- Galaxy S5 vs. Drop Test, Water Dip & .50 Cal [0 replies]
- Toshiba Launches 4K Laptop for $1.5K [0 replies]
- Microsoft Launches Office 365 Personal for $70 a Y... [0 replies]
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Fingerprint Fail [0 replies]
- Android App Pick - UNO & Friends [0 replies]
Jelly Bean Brings More Nexus
Google will be making this difficult for carriers (but awesome for us consumers) if the rumors are true. It appears that Android 5.0 (Jelly Bean) will launch on at least five different devices from different manufacturers. They will be sold directly from Google and carry the Nexus brand. Yes. They will be factory and carrier unlocked. More at the Wall Street Journal.
Google plans to give multiple mobile-device makers early access to new releases of Android and to sell those devices directly to consumers, said people familiar with the matter. That is a shift from Google's previous practice, when it joined with with only one hardware maker at a time to produce "lead devices."