Sentry LXE External Fan Controller
|Sentry LXE External Fan Controller|
|Installation, Testing and More|
Today, we are looking at the NZXT Sentry LXE High Performance Touch Screen Fan Controller. This is an external fan controller that remains on your desk so there is no need to take up any of your precious 5.25” bays in your case. NZXT is well known for PC Cases, Power Supplies, Case Fans, Peripherals and of course their line of fan controllers.
The NZXT Sentry LXE is packaged very well. It comes in the usual cardboard box, surrounded by foam which does an excellent job of keeping everything pristine. The NZXT Sentry LXE comes in two main pieces: the external fan controller and the card that is to be installed in your case. The NZXT Sentry LXE Fan Controller desktop unit isn’t made of plastic like some other I have seen. It is crafted from high quality brushed aluminum.
Features & Specifications:
The following information has been taken from the Sentry LXE product page and pasted here for your convenience. For all the details, make sure you check out NZXT.
- Intuitive Touch Screen LCD – Advanced, touch screen LCD displays temperatures in C/F, RPMs, along with the date, time, and day of the week. Users have the ability to switch the display off for complete darkness for more immersive gaming sessions
- Complete Control – 5 Temperature Probes keep tabs on thermals throughout the case while the 5 Fan controllers adjust the fans’ RPM speed for at least 10W per channel. Allows users to automatically adjust the fan speeds to correspond to a specific temperature, manually customize for extreme overclocking capabilities, or set to absolute silence
- Temperature Alarm – Instant notification if temperatures rise above a designated point
- Sleek Design – Brushed aluminum frame provides sleek aesthetics for any desktop.
- Rechargeable Battery – The Sentry LXE features a rechargeable battery for up to 500 times, keeping the LXE life time longer without the hassle of replacing batteries constantly.
- Using a NZXT developed PCI board and external touch display, the LXE allows for more 5.25" bays freed up for other peripherals.environment. Simply set the fan controller atop your PC or desktop and connect through PCI card interface.
On the next page we'll cover installation and general usage with the Sentry LXE.