Newer Tech 7 Port USB 2.0 Powered Hub
|Newer Tech 7 Port USB 2.0 Powered Hub|
|Installation, Testing and More|
Have you ever wished for a device that will allow you to have multiple USB inputs as well as being a portable device charger without installing both hardware and drivers? Look no further. Today we have a seven port USB 2.0 hub with 4.0 AMP power supply. To really beef things up, the hub we’re looking at today also has one 2.1 AMP port for charging power hungry tablets such as the iPad, Nexus 7 etc. This device is made by Newer Technology, and it will work for PC, and yes, even Mac.
On the top side of the device lay five USB ports and on the opposite side you will find one port that is labeled as, ”Sync” and one other designated as 2.1 A. On the back side are also the inputs for connecting the power and usb cables. It's a pretty basic layout and with the ports rotated at 90°, you should be able to cram more USB devices in less space than if the ports were horizontal.
Features & Specifications:
We have pulled some of the product information for this USB Hub from Newer Tech's website and posted it here for your convenience. For all the details, please check their site.
- Plug and Play...no drivers to install!
- One USB 2.0 Uplink Type "B" port for connecting to Mac or PC and seven USB 2.0/1.1 ports.
- Type "A" ports for connecting devices.
- Over-current detection and protection.
- Supports "hot swapping" of USB devices.
- User-friendly and ergonomic design.
- Durable aluminum enclosure for rugged mobile use.
- One dedicated 2.1Amp port for charging high powered USB chargeable devices.
- 1 Year Warranty Register Here
On the next page we'll cover installation and testing before we draw up our final thoughts.