CM Storm Recon Gaming Mouse
|CM Storm Recon Gaming Mouse|
|Installation and Testing|
|Software Setup and Tweaking|
Today we have the CM Storm Recon Optical mouse on our test bench. The “Storm” line of products belongs to Cooler Master - a well-known manufacturer of PC components such as cases, peripherals, and power supplies along with many other PC and laptop related products. If you want more information about Cooler Master or just want to check out what’s new, check out their website.
The CM Storm Recon Optical mouse came in the traditional CM Storm colors: red and black. It is packaged in a flip-front cardboard box encased in a molded plastic clam-shell. The packaging did a great job of keeping the Recon mouse intact. The first thing I noticed when I first laid my fingers on the mouse was the rubberized coating. It felt like it would be secure in my hand and wouldn’t fly across the room when I had a fit of rage. The CM Storm Recon Optical mouse is ambidextrous, so it is good for right handed or left handed use. The Recon has a total of 9 buttons that can be customized and programmed for all sorts of different gaming and non-gaming profiles.
Features & Specifications:
The following features and specifications have been pulled from the product page and posted here for your convenience. Please make sure to always check the manufacturers site for all the latest information.
- Avago 3090 optical sensor with 800-4000 dpi
- On-The-Fly Lift-Off-Distance adjustments
- On-The-Fly DPI adjustments
- On-The Fly USB polling rate adjustments
- Up to 1.5m/s or 60”/s tracking speed and 20G of acceleration
- Highest grade Japanese Omron micro switches
- Extra wide 16-bit USB data path
- 1000 Hz polling rate / 1ms response time
- Super Grip coated ambidextrous mousebody
- Ultra swift mouse feet
- Flexible 1.8 meter or 78.6 inch long cable
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 64.4 x 116.4 x 42 mm/ 2.53 x 4.58 x 1.65 inches
- Multicolor Mousewheel light to identify Profiles
On the next page we'll take a close look at this mouse as we plug it in and power it up on my gaming PC.