Recent Forum Topics
- manage courses [0 replies]
- WhatsApp hits 900 Million [0 replies]
- Hulu announces "almost no commericals" service [0 replies]
- Water cooled laptop by ASUS [0 replies]
- Weekly Tech Update #326 - Facebook Hits 1 Billion ... [0 replies]
- Halo 5: Guardians Opening Cinematic [0 replies]
- Star Wars Battlefront Beta Coming October [0 replies]
- Manned Aerial Vehicle Aptly Named - Swarm [0 replies]
PC Sales Make the Titanic and Sink
It seems that PC's aren't selling all that well. By that I mean that they weren't doing well before, and now they are doing even worse. This news comes from the Intel Developer Conference and it appears that, while the PC may not be "dead", consumers are shifting to other forms of technology to get their fix.
Global PC shipments fell a stunning 8.2 percent during Q4, when Windows 8 launched, for the steepest holiday quarter decline ever. Shipments fell 3.7 percent for the year, and IDC predicts 1.2 percent dip in 2013. Remember: this year's fall back comes from an already weak comparable.