Recent Forum Topics
- Global tablet market slowing down [0 replies]
- Less TV's and Smartphones, More PlayStations - Son... [0 replies]
- The end of G4TV [0 replies]
- WTU Episode #290 - Xbox One Catches Up; Winner is ... [0 replies]
- Jumpy About the Future [0 replies]
- Undetected Malware [0 replies]
- Bumbling Tinder [0 replies]
- Money Goes Up in Steam [0 replies]
ZTE Chooses Intel for Smartphones
There are a couple of huge players in the smartphone processor market. Texas Instruments, Samsung and NVIDIA are names that we are all familiar with - but when it comes to Intel, we all expect them to power our PCs - not smartphones. ZTE is a Chinese company that is making the move to Intel in the future and this could really heat things up in the smartphone processor market.
The Chinese manufacturer, ZTE shipped the Grand X IN in Europe last year, packing a 1.6 Ghz Z2460 Atom inside of it. ZTE was clearly impressed with Intel’s chips as they’ve announced today that they’ve partnered with Chipzilla once again, to manufacture devices with Intel’s next-generation of mobile chips, based on the Clover Trail architecture.