Recent Forum Topics
- People get their news from Facebook [0 replies]
- A more powerful Xbox One? [0 replies]
- WTU Episode #356 - Billionaire Pulls the Plug on A... [3 replies]
- Disney finally coming to Netflix [0 replies]
- Foxconn likes robots [0 replies]
- The end of the Nokia-Microsoft phone saga? [0 replies]
- WTU Episode #358 - Amazon Makes America Great Agai... [0 replies]
- ASUS Shows off AC3200 PCIe Card [0 replies]
ZTE Chooses Intel for Smartphones
There are a couple of huge players in the smartphone processor market. Texas Instruments, Samsung and NVIDIA are names that we are all familiar with - but when it comes to Intel, we all expect them to power our PCs - not smartphones. ZTE is a Chinese company that is making the move to Intel in the future and this could really heat things up in the smartphone processor market.
The Chinese manufacturer, ZTE shipped the Grand X IN in Europe last year, packing a 1.6 Ghz Z2460 Atom inside of it. ZTE was clearly impressed with Intel’s chips as they’ve announced today that they’ve partnered with Chipzilla once again, to manufacture devices with Intel’s next-generation of mobile chips, based on the Clover Trail architecture.