Recent Forum Topics
- Most important features of the Galaxy S8 [0 replies]
- FreeTail EVOKE 256GB 800x CompactFlash Card Review [0 replies]
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Router Review [0 replies]
- Would You Consider a Disc-Free Console? [0 replies]
- Halo Wars Coming to PC [0 replies]
- Another Summer, Another Spider-Man [0 replies]
- Samsung Galaxy S8 is Pivotal for Samsung [0 replies]
- Android App Pick #210 - Grumpy Cat Weather [0 replies]
Windows 10 Gets High Performance Game Mode Soon
Microsoft has been rumored to be working on a high performance game mode, and the rumors are true. In fact, this feature will be coming very shortly in the "Creators Update". You have to be signed up as part of the Windows Insider program to get an early taste, but it might be best to wait for a bit anyhow. Still, this update doesn't specify that the game has to be a Universal Windows App in order to take advantage of the performance boost. I still think it will be though as Microsoft wants people to purchase games through their store, and if the performance is top-notch, it may drive some people to switch from Origin or Steam in order to get free performance.
Our goal is to make Windows 10 the best Windows ever for gaming. With the Creators Update, we’re introducing a new feature called Game Mode. Windows Insiders will start seeing some of the visual elements for Game Mode this week, with the feature being fully operational in builds shortly thereafter. Our vision is for Game Mode to optimize your Windows 10 PC for increased performance in gaming.
Source: Xbox News