Recent Forum Topics
- Apple's new products [0 replies]
- What happened to tablet sales? [0 replies]
- I Could Actually Be Good at Darts Now [0 replies]
- ARM Steps up their Performance Game [0 replies]
- New iPad is Thick and Heavy [0 replies]
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Overclocking x2 [0 replies]
- Super Mario Run Coming to Android This Week [0 replies]
- New Xbox One S Bundles Have 2 Free Games for $299 [0 replies]
PC Gaming Leads GDC 2017
We often hear about how PC Gaming is dead, but not according to people that are making video games. According to a recent survey at the Game Developers Conference, PC gaming still leads the entire gaming platform with 53% of survey responders developing for that platform. That is good news - not only for PC gamers, but also for the hardware industry as console hardware doesn't drive advances in software or game engines. The PC does.
In addition, GDC 2017’s survey revealed that 61% of the surveyed developers are not currently developing VR titles, but among those who are, 24 percent are currently making games on HTC and Valve’s Vive headset, 23 percent are supporting Oculus Rift, and 13 percent are supporting Sony’s PlayStation VR.