Recent Forum Topics
- Apple's new products [0 replies]
- What happened to tablet sales? [0 replies]
- I Could Actually Be Good at Darts Now [0 replies]
- ARM Steps up their Performance Game [0 replies]
- New iPad is Thick and Heavy [0 replies]
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Overclocking x2 [0 replies]
- Super Mario Run Coming to Android This Week [0 replies]
- New Xbox One S Bundles Have 2 Free Games for $299 [0 replies]
Google Pulling off Infamous Hollywood "Enhance" Photos
It's long been a pet-peeve of mine when a movie shows some horrible video that a detective needs enhanced and magically they can pull detail out of seemingly nothing. While that has been movie effects, Google has risen to the challenge and now can pull off some pretty amazing enhancements from a pixelated 8x8 source. They can turn it into something much, much better - but the process will not be available for general consumers - yet.
Google Brain and DeepMind are two of Alphabet's deep learning research arms. The former has published some interesting research recently, such as two AIs creating their own cryptographic algorithm; the latter, of course, was thrust into the limelight last year when its AlphaGo AI defeated the world's best Go players.