Recent Forum Topics
- Apple's new products [0 replies]
- What happened to tablet sales? [0 replies]
- I Could Actually Be Good at Darts Now [0 replies]
- ARM Steps up their Performance Game [0 replies]
- New iPad is Thick and Heavy [0 replies]
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Overclocking x2 [0 replies]
- Super Mario Run Coming to Android This Week [0 replies]
- New Xbox One S Bundles Have 2 Free Games for $299 [0 replies]
Samsung battery factory starts on fire
This next story feels like piling on, however, Samsung had a "minor fire" at their battery factory this week. The best part of the story is that it was caused by a bin of faulty batteries. Pretty sure Samsung was hoping never to hear the words battery and fire in the same sentence ever again only to have this happen. PCGamer has the full story.
Reuters describes it as a "minor fire" at the Samsung SDI Co Ltd factory, one that was caused by waste products containing faulty batteries. The fire has since been extinguished and there were no injuries reported, but this is the last thing Samsung needed to happen. It also reflects poorly on lithium-ion battery technology.