Recent Forum Topics
- Weekly Tech Update #398 - A Disruption in the (Mot... [0 replies]
- Gionee's M6S Plus Phone Unveiled [0 replies]
- Verizon Fios is Quick (and Cheap) [0 replies]
- Amazon Turns to Subscriptions to Keep Dominating [0 replies]
- Samsung Galaxy TabPro S Review [0 replies]
- Bill Gates is a Solid Dad [0 replies]
- Hacking Browsing History from Your Light Sensor [0 replies]
- Low Cost Surface Cloud to Compete with Chromebooks [0 replies]
Twitter is still losing money
The good news for Twitter is that in Q4 of 2016 they saw 1% revenue growth and 4% traffic growth. The bad news of course is that they lost money, $167 million dollars which accounted for a 12% profit loss. I guess they've figured out where to keep getting more money from but one would think this can't last forever. The BBC has the full story.
The social networking service reported a loss of $167m (£133m) in the final three months of 2016, as against $90m in the same period a year earlier.
There were 319 million active users, 4% up on a year earlier, but revenue from ads fell slightly to $638m.
Donald Trump's use of Twitter did little to boost users or add income.
Fourth-quarter revenues were $717m, 1% up on last year's $710m.