Recent Forum Topics
- Weekly Tech Update #398 - A Disruption in the (Mot... [0 replies]
- Gionee's M6S Plus Phone Unveiled [0 replies]
- Verizon Fios is Quick (and Cheap) [0 replies]
- Amazon Turns to Subscriptions to Keep Dominating [0 replies]
- Samsung Galaxy TabPro S Review [0 replies]
- Bill Gates is a Solid Dad [0 replies]
- Hacking Browsing History from Your Light Sensor [0 replies]
- Low Cost Surface Cloud to Compete with Chromebooks [0 replies]
Dodge Repurposing Parking Sensors
The parking sensors in the Dodge Charger Pursuit police cars are being repurposed to help with Officer safety. The Officer Protection Package, when on, will turn on the ultrasonic parking sensors which if tripped by someone walking behind the car, will in turn sound a chime and roll up the windows while activating the rear camera. With the amount of police being targeted lately, keeping officers safe has become a big priority.
"While it does not replace vigilance," said Jeff Kommer, a vice president in charge of fleet sales at Dodge in a statement, "this technology acts as a second set of eyes and provides police officers with added peace of mind when they are in a parked Charger Pursuit."