Recent Forum Topics
- Weekly Tech Update #398 - A Disruption in the (Mot... [0 replies]
- Gionee's M6S Plus Phone Unveiled [0 replies]
- Verizon Fios is Quick (and Cheap) [0 replies]
- Amazon Turns to Subscriptions to Keep Dominating [0 replies]
- Samsung Galaxy TabPro S Review [0 replies]
- Bill Gates is a Solid Dad [0 replies]
- Hacking Browsing History from Your Light Sensor [0 replies]
- Low Cost Surface Cloud to Compete with Chromebooks [0 replies]
Facebook Sucks Even More
If you needed another reason to hate Facebook more than you do, the latest update to their mobile application will not only auto-play videos, it will play them with sound. If you hate auto-play as much as I do, this may very well be the reason you stop using Facebook on the go. This is all part of their effort to force features on you that you don't want because they love you... That's right. It doesn't make sense.
The company hopes that by turning on sound automatically, it can keep more users engaged for longer with video content on its platform. For the past couple of years, Facebook has been transforming its social network into a destination for video, both recorded and live streamed. Video is now a core focus of the company, dominating how it invests resources into new features and controlling every facet of the main app’s design, from the camera to the share option.