Recent Forum Topics
- Most important features of the Galaxy S8 [0 replies]
- FreeTail EVOKE 256GB 800x CompactFlash Card Review [0 replies]
- TP-Link Archer C3150 Router Review [0 replies]
- Would You Consider a Disc-Free Console? [0 replies]
- Halo Wars Coming to PC [0 replies]
- Another Summer, Another Spider-Man [0 replies]
- Samsung Galaxy S8 is Pivotal for Samsung [0 replies]
- Android App Pick #210 - Grumpy Cat Weather [0 replies]
Apple + Android = 99.6%
New Smartphone sales numbers are out, and just like we suspected, it's either Apple's iOS or Google's Android that are on the majority of them. Apple and Android combined equaled 99.6% of all smartphones in Q4 of 2016, Microsoft came in 3rd with 0.3%. Android of course was #1 thanks to 81.7% of smartphones sold in Q4 running their operating system and Apple was 2nd with 17.9%, For more details on what kind of smartphones people are buying check out the new stats courtesy of Gartner.
Global sales of smartphones to end users totaled 432 million units in the fourth quarter of 2016, a 7 percent increase over the fourth quarter of 2015, according to Gartner, Inc. The fourth quarter of 2016 saw Apple leapfrog past Samsung to secure the No. 1 global smartphone vendor position (see Table 1).
In 2016 overall, smartphone sales to end users totaled nearly 1.5 billion units, an increase of 5 percent from 2015