Recent Forum Topics
- Gionee's M6S Plus Phone Unveiled [0 replies]
- Verizon Fios is Quick (and Cheap) [0 replies]
- Amazon Turns to Subscriptions to Keep Dominating [0 replies]
- Samsung Galaxy TabPro S Review [0 replies]
- Bill Gates is a Solid Dad [0 replies]
- Hacking Browsing History from Your Light Sensor [0 replies]
- Low Cost Surface Cloud to Compete with Chromebooks [0 replies]
- Weeping Angel Spies on Samsung Smart TVs [0 replies]
Can Netbooks Be Cool Again?
Netbooks have come and gone and may be coming back again. They were replaced with cheap tablets and then as those died off, 2-in-1's tried to fill the gap, but they were a little large. Now a new company has a "GPD Pocket" system that is really small - much like the Eee PC. I really hope these don't come back in style. While current technology means that they would be more powerful, a micro-PC is still not the solution that anyone really needs.
The GPD Pocket feels like a nostalgic throwback for netbook lovers, and that’s both a good and bad thing. It brings back their combination of tiny form factor, long battery life, relatively low price, and full desktop operating system; you can even get a version with Ubuntu Linux.