Recent Forum Topics
- Apple's new products [0 replies]
- What happened to tablet sales? [0 replies]
- I Could Actually Be Good at Darts Now [0 replies]
- ARM Steps up their Performance Game [0 replies]
- New iPad is Thick and Heavy [0 replies]
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Overclocking x2 [0 replies]
- Super Mario Run Coming to Android This Week [0 replies]
- New Xbox One S Bundles Have 2 Free Games for $299 [0 replies]
Can Netbooks Be Cool Again?
Netbooks have come and gone and may be coming back again. They were replaced with cheap tablets and then as those died off, 2-in-1's tried to fill the gap, but they were a little large. Now a new company has a "GPD Pocket" system that is really small - much like the Eee PC. I really hope these don't come back in style. While current technology means that they would be more powerful, a micro-PC is still not the solution that anyone really needs.
The GPD Pocket feels like a nostalgic throwback for netbook lovers, and that’s both a good and bad thing. It brings back their combination of tiny form factor, long battery life, relatively low price, and full desktop operating system; you can even get a version with Ubuntu Linux.