Recent Forum Topics
- Apple's new products [0 replies]
- What happened to tablet sales? [0 replies]
- I Could Actually Be Good at Darts Now [0 replies]
- ARM Steps up their Performance Game [0 replies]
- New iPad is Thick and Heavy [0 replies]
- AMD Ryzen 7 1700 Overclocking x2 [0 replies]
- Super Mario Run Coming to Android This Week [0 replies]
- New Xbox One S Bundles Have 2 Free Games for $299 [0 replies]
Disney Nails Free-Roaming Wireless Power
The nifty thing about wireless charging is that you can charge your phone simply by placing it on a table, pad or even a cradle that has a power coil - without actually plugging wires into your device. The downside is that it can't move much off the sweet spot or it won't charge. Disney, of all companies, has managed to pull off free-roaming wireless power delivery and can charge a device anywhere in the room. As soon as you walk in, your device is charging. No word on how much it would cost - or how often you'll need treatment for cancer.
The efficiency of the system is quite high, between 40 and 95 percent, depending on the receiver's position within the room. Furthermore, a surprisingly large amount of power can be pumped into the room - about 1900 watts - before the specific absorption rate (SAR), a measure of how much energy is absorbed by the human body, reaches dangerous levels.