Recent Forum Topics
- More Nintendo News [0 replies]
- PS4 has its best year ever [0 replies]
- 12TB HDD [0 replies]
- Nintendo's comeback [0 replies]
- Yahoo's CEO will still get paid [0 replies]
- Chipolte Is Investigating Data Breach is Payment S... [0 replies]
- Android Malware Infected 2 Million Devices [0 replies]
- Big List of Chrome Devices that Support Android Ap... [0 replies]
Microsoft closes So.cl
Microsoft would like to remind everyone that they've got a social network, they've been calling it so.cl and it's been around since 2011. Obviously it has never caught on like Microsoft was hoping but it has not been announced that Microsoft will be pulling the plug officially on March 15th. I don't think we'll see mass protests for the of so.cl. TechCrunch has more.
So.cl, the little-known and probably much-forgotten social network project from Microsoft Research’s FUSE Labs division, is closing down.
The service was launched in late 2011 as a social community where the objective was “collaborative consumption, not communication.” Initially for students, So.cl opened up to anyone once it had gotten going and subsequently added support for mobile devices, too.