Recent Forum Topics
- More Nintendo News [0 replies]
- PS4 has its best year ever [0 replies]
- 12TB HDD [0 replies]
- Nintendo's comeback [0 replies]
- Yahoo's CEO will still get paid [0 replies]
- Chipolte Is Investigating Data Breach is Payment S... [0 replies]
- Android Malware Infected 2 Million Devices [0 replies]
- Big List of Chrome Devices that Support Android Ap... [0 replies]
Preinstalled Malware on Select Android Devices
If you are buying a new Android device, be aware that some malware may already exist on the device. No, this is not a hoax - it is real and really irritating. The sad thing is that the malware is shipping on brand name devices - not cheap, third-rate products from chinese companies. In fact, Samsung is probably the most popular manufacturer on the list. If you want a clean device, make sure you check out the list below to know which ones to avoid at the very least.
Most of the malware found to be pre-installed on the devices were info-stealers and rough ad networks, and one of them was Slocker, a mobile ransomware. Slocker uses the AES encryption algorithm to encrypt all files on the device and demand ransom in return for their decryption key. Slocker uses Tor for its C&C communications.