Recent Forum Topics
- Weekly Tech Update #398 - A Disruption in the (Mot... [0 replies]
- Gionee's M6S Plus Phone Unveiled [0 replies]
- Verizon Fios is Quick (and Cheap) [0 replies]
- Amazon Turns to Subscriptions to Keep Dominating [0 replies]
- Samsung Galaxy TabPro S Review [0 replies]
- Bill Gates is a Solid Dad [0 replies]
- Hacking Browsing History from Your Light Sensor [0 replies]
- Low Cost Surface Cloud to Compete with Chromebooks [0 replies]
Verizon Swears an Oath with Yahoo
Yerizon is going ahead with the Yahoo acquisition and merging AOL into the mix as well. This new company will be called "Oath" and hopefully it's not because they are muttering oaths under their breath to the lords of the underworld. With their security issues, it could be, but hopefully this is a sign that they take their new company and security seriously. Still, I'd use fake profile names and for the love of all that's holy, don't use your real address.
Yes, you read that right — if all goes according to plan, your grandparents may soon be logging into Oath Mail and checking the front page of Oath News for top headlines of the day. Twitter users are already taking the name and running with it, because an ill-fated media rebranding is the gift that keeps on giving.