Recent Forum Topics
- Weekly Tech Update #398 - A Disruption in the (Mot... [0 replies]
- Gionee's M6S Plus Phone Unveiled [0 replies]
- Verizon Fios is Quick (and Cheap) [0 replies]
- Amazon Turns to Subscriptions to Keep Dominating [0 replies]
- Samsung Galaxy TabPro S Review [0 replies]
- Bill Gates is a Solid Dad [0 replies]
- Hacking Browsing History from Your Light Sensor [0 replies]
- Low Cost Surface Cloud to Compete with Chromebooks [0 replies]
AMD Ryzen Crushes Mac Pro
While this article is pretty nifty and all, you have to remember that the Mac Pro is getting long in the tooth. While it is a fantastic piece of hardware in its own right, the price now at $5,660 for a load Mac Pro is a little steep when compared to current PC prices and the fact that a Ryzen 1700. This is pretty cool as they have it running a Photoshop benchmark, which is a good indicator of real-world performance in the content creation space.
Using a Photoshop Benchmark based on a Radial Blur action released by photographer Keith Simonian, Tech Guy found that an operation that takes the Mac Pro 15 seconds to complete only takes 8.8 seconds on the Ryzen-powered PC. He then overclocked the Ryzen PC to 3.5GHz and was able to complete the test in 7.7 seconds.