Recent Forum Topics
- Weekly Tech Update #398 - A Disruption in the (Mot... [0 replies]
- Gionee's M6S Plus Phone Unveiled [0 replies]
- Verizon Fios is Quick (and Cheap) [0 replies]
- Amazon Turns to Subscriptions to Keep Dominating [0 replies]
- Samsung Galaxy TabPro S Review [0 replies]
- Bill Gates is a Solid Dad [0 replies]
- Hacking Browsing History from Your Light Sensor [0 replies]
- Low Cost Surface Cloud to Compete with Chromebooks [0 replies]
Play a Game to Unlock Ransomware
Ransomware sucks and the biggest reason it's so popular is because people don't back up their data. When something like this happens, you don't want to lose your data so you pay. Now there is a new ranssomware making the rounds that will unlock your files if you get a high-score in a game. The crazy thing is that all you have to do is play "TH12 ~ Undefined Fantastic Object and score 0.2 billion in LUNATIC level. It sounds pretty easy, right? Good luck.
As you may have guessed from the specifics here, the Rensenware bug was created more in the spirit of fun than maliciousness. After Rensenware was publicized on Twitter, its creator, who goes by Tvple Eraser on Twitter and often posts in Korean, released an apology for releasing what he admitted was "a kind of highly-fatal malware."