Recent Forum Topics
- Gionee's M6S Plus Phone Unveiled [0 replies]
- Verizon Fios is Quick (and Cheap) [0 replies]
- Amazon Turns to Subscriptions to Keep Dominating [0 replies]
- Samsung Galaxy TabPro S Review [0 replies]
- Bill Gates is a Solid Dad [0 replies]
- Hacking Browsing History from Your Light Sensor [0 replies]
- Low Cost Surface Cloud to Compete with Chromebooks [0 replies]
- Weeping Angel Spies on Samsung Smart TVs [0 replies]
Samsung Galaxy S8 Teardown
If you want to know what is inside the Galaxy S8 and how fixable it is, make sure you take a look at the full tear-down over at iFixit. They call this the first flagship since the flaming disaster of the Note 7 and hopefully they have a lot of good news as I just received one here for myself. This is not a review unit, I actually ponied up for one. I really hope it doesn't suck.
The S8+ features a 13.48 Wh (3500 mAh at 3.85 V) battery—the exact same capacity as the Note7, and a little less than the S7 Edge’s 13.86 Wh. The S8 battery clocks in at 11.55 Wh—comparable to the Google Pixel’s 10.66 Wh, but dwarfing the (slightly smaller) iPhone 7’s 7.45 Wh battery.