Author Topic: Xbox One Does a 180  (Read 5122 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Xbox One Does a 180
« on: June 19, 2013, 07:20:09 pm »
It appears that Microsoft has done the unthinkable - listened to the consumers voice.  While the consumer does carry quite a loud voice - and especially consumers that play video games, it's not often that a company will make such drastic changes to policies based a few days of outcry.  Microsoft released a statement today saying that they are making changes to the Xbox One.  Even the page title states "Your Feedback Matters..."

At E3 last week, Microsoft made their next-generation console announcement before Sony and Sony wisely measured the outcry and likely made last-minute changes to their platform announcement.  For one, the price of a PS4 is $100 cheaper and it doesn't require an internet connection to play.  Along with the used game fiasco, Microsoft had created a massive hole for themselves.  In just a week, things have changed - as I told Jason Schneider in Episode #216 of WeeklyTechUpdate that it would.  They're are really only two major changes to the platform, but the implications of these address the issues that gamers had and what I knew they had to change.  I honestly didn't think they'd make changes to both issues, but they did.  Hit the read more link to see what all has changed.

Click here to read this article!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2013, 07:22:52 pm by Zeus »

Offline Tigger

• BCC n00b
  • BCC Photoshopper & App Analyst!!
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox One Does a 180
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 07:52:08 pm »
That is pretty awesome that Microsoft decided to change their tune and get to the drawing board, it's like a sports team after afew loss's, comes back at half time with a new game plan! i like it! :)
:D ~Tigger~ :P