Author Topic: Noctua NH-U12S and NH-U14S Coolers  (Read 2057 times)

Offline Fujitsu

• BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
Noctua NH-U12S and NH-U14S Coolers
« on: July 20, 2014, 09:42:37 pm »
Noctua NH-U12S and NH-U14S CPU Coolers

We have just posted up our review of the Noctua NH-U12S and NH-U14S CPU Coolers. These are a couple of high-performance monoliths from Noctua that will rival quite a few entry-level liquid cooling kits. The NH-U14S is a beast as it features a massive 15cm fan and you will want to check your case to see if it will fit. For all the details - and why you should consider one of these, read our review for all the details.

The CPU cooling market has really changed since we started BCCHardware. CPU's no longer require big aftermarket coolers and most people are satisfied with stock cooling, but that hasn't changed the way Noctua looks at cooling and they haven't cut corners as a result. They just keep consistently pumping out coolers that are quiet, high quality, and can offer up performance that can compete with anyone.

Please feel free to post your thoughts, comments, questions and feedback right here.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 09:53:38 pm by Zeus »
I realized I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat.

Offline avrham67

• BCC n00b
  • Who dat'?
    • View Profile
Re: Noctua NH-U12S and NH-U14S Coolers
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 02:38:37 am »
Your reviews is great, all detailed.
really helps me.
I have a question, what better cooling Zalman CNPS10X Extreme or Noctua NH-U12S?
Thank you very much

Offline Fujitsu

• BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 08:44:00 am »
Chances are good for most CPU's you won't see much of a difference between the two as both are great coolers, if I were choosing between the two I'd probably go more on price and pick the cheaper of the two.

However, with that being said, the Noctua probably has the slight edge in performance.

Both coolers allow you to adjust fan speed (Zalman through a wired controller with a dial, and Noctua through different fan adapter cables) so you can make either be as noisy or quiet as you want. The Zalman would be easier to adjust on the fly as the Noctua would require you to open up your case and change adaptors while the Zalman can be done on the go.

As far as quality goes, both Zalman and Noctua has both always performed well and we've never run into quality issues with either, maybe you could argue that Noctua might have a better fan, however, in my experience I've never had a Zalman or Noctua fan fail in any of our systems around here and would have no problems recommending either.

So basically for me it would come down to price and whichever one you could pick up for the cheapest....

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions.
I realized I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat.

Offline avrham67

• BCC n00b
  • Who dat'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2015, 01:18:59 am »
Thank you  :)