Author Topic: Windows Vista is dead  (Read 269 times)

Offline Fujitsu

• BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
Windows Vista is dead
« on: April 11, 2017, 09:15:17 pm »
Windows Vista came to an end yesterday, an occasion where not many people shed tears and many more made jokes instead. 10 years after Vista's launch Microsoft has officially ended support so if you were brave enough to still be running it, you'll now have to be even braver because you're officially on your own now. Vista was supposed to be a big change in the Windows family lineup, however, thanks to features being pulled from it and buckets of bugs, Vista was the version of Windows most people wish to forget. The only time Vista will now be mentioned is when you are arguing about whether Vista or Windows ME was the worst operating system ever.

The Verge has more on the end of Vista.

Microsoft is bidding farewell to Windows Vista, more than 10 years after it first debuted. Support for Windows Vista ends today, meaning users will have to move to a more recent version of Windows to remain secure. It’s the end of an era for an operating system that arrived late to the market with widespread criticisms.   Codenamed Longhorn, Windows Vista was originally supposed to revolutionize Windows with a new file system and user interface. Microsoft’s development of Longhorn spiraled out of control, and the company was forced to reset its plans and focus on shipping a stable version of Windows in the middle of its development phase. Microsoft had ambitious ideas for Windows Vista in the years leading up to its release, including a new Windows Future Storage (WinFS) file system.

Click here to read this article!
I realized I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat.