Author Topic: How Google beat the iPhone  (Read 156 times)

Offline Fujitsu

• BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
How Google beat the iPhone
« on: June 29, 2017, 06:05:28 am »
The iPhone was officially released 10 years ago this week and officially started the smartphone revolution.

Google was over a year behind with their release of Android, however, they managed to leapfrog Apple and have command the top of the smartphone charts for many, many, years. 

How'd they do it? CNN Money takes a look back at the first 10 years of the smartphone industry and how Google has kept top spot.

Ten years ago this week, Apple's first iPhone went on sale and redefined the industry.   Fifteen months after that, Google crashed the party.   Google's first Android phone was unveiled on September 23, 2008, in partnership with T-Mobile. The smartphone, called the G1, looks like an oddity now. It had a bulky frame, slide-out keyboard and a BlackBerry-style trackball in addition to the touch screen.   Yet, this device officially kicked off the fiercest tech rivalry of the century. By early 2011, Android's operating system had become the most popular smartphone platform in the U.S. -- and Apple CEO Steve Jobs had declared "thermonuclear war" against Android.

Click here to read this article!
I realized I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat.