Author Topic: Lenovo K8 Note to ship with stock Android  (Read 91 times)

Offline Fujitsu

• BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
Lenovo K8 Note to ship with stock Android
« on: August 04, 2017, 06:51:10 am »
Apparently Lenovo has been listening to their customers and has made the decision to ditch their Pure Vibe UI and ship their upcoming K8 Note with the stock Android experience. Most companies for some reason have felt that they need to add a different user interface to their phones to help set themselves apart, unfortunately adding a different skin to Android only slows things down and in some cases just confuses everyone. I think this is a trend that most Android users would probably be ok with if other companies decide to go the same route. Gadgets360 has the story.

Lenovo has confirmed that going forward, it will be abandoning its Vibe Pure UI Android customization which ran on top of its recent Android smartphones in almost all markets. The company will be switching to stock Android experience, and the Lenovo K8 Note will be the first smartphone from the company to ship with Android 7.1.1 Nougat out-of-the-box. Anuj Sharma, Head of Product Marketing, Smartphones, Lenovo MBG India confirmed the news to Gadgets 360.   "What we have done in last 11 months is we looked at what we had in terms of software perspective. We have been close to the consumers and we saw what they were asking for. There was a certain trend and we have now decided to cut the Vibe Pure UI off from our phones. So you will now get the stock Android which consumers have been asking for," Sharma told Gadgets 360.

Click here to read this article!
I realized I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat.