Author Topic: Microsoft wants to play nice with Sony?  (Read 247 times)

Offline Fujitsu

• BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
Microsoft wants to play nice with Sony?
« on: August 24, 2017, 07:20:48 am »
Not sure if this is any more than a still rumor, but it is being reported that Microsoft is talking with Sony about cross-platform compatibility with the Xbox and PlayStation. For the consumer this would be a win, but obviously both Sony and Microsoft would lose out on some sales as right now most hardcore console gamers end up buying both consoles so they don't miss out on any platform-exclusive titles. I'm thinking this is just wishful thinking but it gets people talking. Gizmodo has the full story.

With the launch of the Xbox One X only a few months away Microsoft needs an interim win to keep people interested in the console that is currently in a very distant second place to Sony. Which is why it is no surprise that Xbox Marketing Manager Aaron Greenberg told GameReactor it was “talking to Sony” about the potential for crossplay between the two consoles.   Crossplay is the term applied to allowing gamers to play with other gamers regardless of what console they have chosen to bring into their homes. It’s a kind of holy grail for gamers stuck on the less popular console as they’re often not able to play with friends, and because a small userbase means fewer people to play with in general. With a reported 33 million Xbox Ones sold since launch Microsoft well behind Sony, which claims to have sold 60.4 million PS4s since launch.

Click here to read this article!
I realized I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat.