Author Topic: Apple fighting 4K movie pricing  (Read 167 times)

Offline Fujitsu

• BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
Apple fighting 4K movie pricing
« on: August 31, 2017, 08:00:18 am »
Apple is fighting with Hollywood on just how much a 4K movie should cost in iTunes. Apple is saying $20 is the price, Hollywood thinks there should be a $5 to $10 surcharge. There is a bit of irony in the fact that Apple has always been willing to charge a premium and try to justify why you have to pay more but even they can see that providing 4K content at $30 isn't a great idea. It'll be interesting to see who wins this battle, but as a consumer who has watched plenty of movies that weren't worth $5, both sides in the end might come out losing regardless of the decision. The Verge has the full story.

Apple is struggling to come to agreement over what to price Ultra High-Definition (4K) films from on its upcoming new Apple TV, reports The Wall Street Journal. Apple wants to charge $19.99 for major titles in 4K, which is in line with what it charges for newer HD movies, but some Hollywood studios want add an extra $5 to $10 surcharge. The company is set to reveal a new Apple TV device at its September 12th event, with the new set-top to finally support 4K and HDR streaming.

Click here to read this article!
I realized I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat.