Author Topic: Groove Music calls it quits  (Read 148 times)

Offline Fujitsu

• BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
Groove Music calls it quits
« on: October 05, 2017, 06:26:31 am »
If you can't beat them, join them.

Microsoft has announced they'll be calling it quit with their music system Groove Music and joining the big guys Spotify starting January 1st, 2018. It all comes down to in the end that Spotify was just too big of competition and Microsoft was probably tired of dumping money into a horse that wasn't catching up. The only silver lining is that at least Microsoft is offering its users the ability to migrate playlists into Spotify which will make their transition much easier than just closing the doors and wishing your ex-customers the best of luck. Windows Central has the full story.

Microsoft is announcing that its Groove Music Pass is coming to an end, with sales in the Store for music and its pass ending December 31. The streaming portion of Groove Music will continue to function until December 31, after which the service will be turned off for good. Refunds will be issued in a pro-rated fashion from the December 31 date.   To make the transition easier, Microsoft is partnering with Spotify, which will let users import their current Groove playlists to the popular streaming service.

Click here to read this article!
I realized I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat.