Author Topic: Apple Slowing Down Devices with Older Batteries  (Read 253 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Apple Slowing Down Devices with Older Batteries
« on: December 12, 2017, 08:27:33 pm »
There are always a lot of rumors that companies - namely Apple - try and push you to get the latest device by crippling your old device when a new one is available. There is some data to support that once you upgrade your older device to iOS 11, it will slow you down - based on the wear leveling of your battery. If you manage to change up the battery, your overall device benchmarks improve dramatically. That shouldn't actually make a difference as for speed - just the length of time your device runs. I smell something shady over at the heart of Apple.

Wear level was somewhere around 20% on my old battery. I did a Geekbench score, and found I was getting 1466 Single and 2512 Multi. This did not change wether I had low power mode on or off. After changing my battery, I did another test to check if it was just a placebo. Nope. 2526 Single and 4456 Multi. From what I can tell, Apple slows down phones when their battery gets too low, so you can still have a full days charge.Source: MacRumors

Click here to read this article!