Author Topic: Intel Has a Big Problem and Needs to Act Like It  (Read 897 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Intel Has a Big Problem and Needs to Act Like It
« on: January 21, 2018, 08:37:58 pm »
Intel has been largely ignoring the Meltdown and Spectre exploits and have taken an approach that borders on ignoring the problem entirely. The truth is though, that they need to get their crap in gear and figure out a REAL fix to this issue and to prevent things like this from happening again. It's a huge issue as it affects not just consumer PCs, but devices, servers and cloud applications as well. Intel is not alone however, and that's really what makes it worse. On the flip-side, other companies are at least acting like it matters and are taking serious steps to address and resolve the issue.

The flaws can be patched, but those patches could slow the Intel chips by as much as 30 percent, the equivalent of turning a state-of-the-art server chip into one from 2013. “There is no playbook for something like this,” says Charles Carmakal, a vice president at Mandiant, the arm of security company FireEye that consults on high-profile hacks. “I don’t think I’ve ever seen a vulnerability that worked across so many different operating systems and devices.”Soure: Bloomberg

Click here to read this article!