Author Topic: Now would be a good time for Zuckerberg to resign  (Read 561 times)

Offline Fujitsu

• JimmyTheKing
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
Now would be a good time for Zuckerberg to resign
« on: March 22, 2018, 10:50:52 am »
This week has pretty much just been Facebook news thanks to a couple scandals that they are involved from and the fact that shareholders are dumping stock causing their value to plummet.

The guys over at TechCrunch look at the issues that Facebook is faceing and ask the question, whether it might be the time for Mark Zuckerberg to resign?

I've got a funny feeling this will be a topic of conversation on an upcoming WeeklyTechUpdate episode....

Facebook is at the center of a dozen controversies, and outrage is peaking. The social network has failed again and again at expanding beyond a handful of core features. Doubts of its usefulness, and assertions of its uselessness, are multiplying. A crisis of confidence at multiple levels threatens the company’s structure and mission. Now is the time for Mark Zuckerberg to spare himself the infamy and resign — for Facebook’s sake and his own.   I’m not calling for his resignation, and I don’t say this out of any animus toward Zuckerberg; I personally believe him to be genuine and driven in his stated desire to connect the world — but likely increasingly frustrated by the unexpected consequences of this naive ambition and the haste with which he has pursued it. I just think that it has come to the point where the best way for him to advance that ambition is to leave.

Click here to read this article!