Author Topic: AMD Commercial  (Read 11272 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
AMD Commercial
« on: July 18, 2005, 05:20:55 AM »
AMD has actually spent some money on a TV Commercial!  I think they could have made it a little more cool and less geeky with processor shots, but it's an AMD commercial regardless.  Grab it over here and post your thoughts.  It's a mere 1MB so it's not too painful.

Offline Leon

• BCC n00b
  • Who dat'?
    • View Profile
Re: AMD Commercial
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 09:02:04 PM »
Whoops. File not found  :-[

Offline Yair

• BCC n00b
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile

Offline Death

• Case Whacker
  • Pumbaa
    • View Profile
    • Bio-Hazard
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 05:37:09 AM »
I saw that for 2 weeks straight when I was watching the Tour............;) Oh, by the way, if you didn't hear, Lance won for the 7 time in a row, extending his record before he retires this year. Not to bad for a guy that beat cancer 8 years ago.
Mountain Mods U2-UFO, DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D, AMD A64 3000 (Venice), Ultra XL PC3200 (2x512), HIS X800XL, WD SATA 80Gig, Lite-On DVD & DL DVDRW, Thermaltake TWV 500w, Samsung 997DF 19" CRT.

Offline Access

• Static Discharge
  • Who dat'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 08:41:12 AM »
I just checked out the AMD commercial...looks like a powerful and convincing ad. It seems a bit odd these days that some of the same companies that sell similar computer have either AMD or Intell Pentium chips...so it depends where you purchase your computer. Our new computer has Intel Pentium with NDVIDIA drivers, so we should still be good to go. I have read about how much faster AMD is than Intel, but I guess it depends on what you're looking for in a performance machine. We're very happy with our new Compaq Presario, and although we had to replace the CD-ROM drive a little over a week ago, we are very happy with the service we get from HP Compaq. My parents also use HP for much of their computer and printing needs, so I guess we are all happy with the service we get from HP.

Kenderdine Virtual Office World
Saskatoon, SK

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 09:15:20 AM »
Our new computer has Intel Pentium with NDVIDIA drivers, so we should still be good to go.

~sigh~
Does your computer just have nvidia drivers, or perhaps a nvidia graphics card?  A driver is a piece of software used to communicate with hardware.

Offline BoneRak

• Waiting to be Banned.
  • Case Whacker
  • I'm not camping, It's a picnic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 05:16:16 PM »
Hey Access, I agree HP has good support. I had a bad printer a few months ago and their phone support went quite smooth. I know HP doesn't actually do their own tech support, but they picked a good communications company for that. CD-ROM drives can be a problem some times. It's never fun when your motherboard goes. I got nvidia drivers too, but I got the better gaming CPU. The last time I ever needed to do anything Intel was good at, I had a 233MHz computer with TXpro drivers. I guess I could have used an Intel last year when they were king.

Offline SkylineGTR

• BCC n00b
  • Blah Blah Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2005, 02:41:25 PM »
After they said Break Free I was expecting that rod stewart song that pepsi uses now to play.
AMD Athlon XP 3000+ | Abit AV8 | 1gig Corsair TwinX PC3200 | E-VGA Geforce FX5900XT | 120gig WD + 74gig Raptor | SB Live 5.1

Offline dubhdara

• BCC n00b
  • Who dat'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2005, 03:24:43 PM »
Good try AMD. though it would be cooler if it was for X2s or FXs instead of Optorons. Workstation chips just don't get my blood pumping.

Offline bob_dude

• BCC n00b
  • Who dat'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2005, 08:35:09 PM »
I agree I was quite surprised to see the chips the used. I do like the livestrong laptop put out by HP. My favorite processor ad still is the blue man group for the Pentium 3.

Offline Nicao

• Mmm . . . Linux. . .
  • BCC Admin
  • Case Whacker
  • Linux Rocks
    • View Profile
    • S.L.A.G.D.
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 07:40:46 AM »
Post moved to general mayhem.  Had nothing to do with current topic.
Life is a toilet.  As soon as you get caught up, someone flushes you again.

Offline Access

• Static Discharge
  • Who dat'?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2005, 12:59:44 PM »
Yeah, I know what you mean about Intel, but overall I have seen an improvement in games performance. I know that at times, we're all testing to see how close to the limit we can take things. I believe we have NVIDIA drivers - and like the NVIDIA card...with expandibility to more AGP (Open AGP slot). For now, 64 mb is fine. And that - as you've said before,  Zeus, is not something that determines the ability for games graphics. That is more dependant on the CPU motherboard speed and RAM. I guess I've been a bit confused about that before, but I'm learning.