Author Topic: This makes me sick  (Read 3770 times)

Offline LobbDogg

• Solder Master
  • and I'm a man who loves his Taffy!
    • View Profile
    • World of Xen
This makes me sick
« on: September 08, 2005, 03:16:57 PM »
My roommate Tim is fixing a ladies laptop today, and he finds out that she has only had it for 2.5 years, paid $2400 and was told it was brand new.

Here are the specs....

533 mhz CPU
128 mb of ram
12 gigs of hard drive space
regular cdrom
no built in NIC
1 USB port.
Windows ME

The hard drive in there, doesn't properly fit as there is cardboard in the hard drive bay to fill the empty space to keep the hard drive in position.

And she just paid $800 to get the LCD replaced on it.

This lady is one of the nicest people you'd ever meet and got totally screwed over. Yes maybe she should have had some more awareness before the purchase.  But that makes me angry that someone would take advantage of someone like that. Whoever did this needs a serious beating.
Intel i7 650 | Asus P6TD Deluxe | Geforce 660 GT | 12 GB Patriot PC12800 | Corsair 600watt Modular PSU

Offline MegaHz

• Solder Master
  • Steam Name : MegaHz
    • View Profile
Re: This makes me sick
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 09:10:10 AM »
*coughs* Computer Trends

Watch for a new company called Laptop Depot, heres a quote from thier return policy:

1. All items should be returned to the Calgary North Laptop Depot retail branch (see address below) in proper packaging with the original purchase receipt.

2. Our technical staff will then fix or replace your damaged or inoperable equipment.

3. If the product returned is found to be in normal working order or if the technical problem is the result of misuse or end user installed software you will have two choices:

1. At our discretion, we will issue a credit less a 25% restocking fee and original shipping cost, or,
             2. You will be charged a $60 inspection fee plus shipping to have the product returned to you.

4. All products returned for credit must be complete (i.e. all manuals, keyboards, cables, a/c adapters, external CD-ROMs or floppy drives, etc.).

They just showed up in Red Deer. This is why we are redoing TechBasic to include forums, so people have a place to go to ask about this type of thing. Working at futureshop Ive seen a lot of people ripped off by other salesmen in my day, and although I do my best to not rip people off, I do sell HP's for a living. I hope to help people with all areas of tech, inlcuding whats worth buying and whats worth running away from.