Author Topic: ut2003 maps ???  (Read 5960 times)

Offline Seeker

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
ut2003 maps ???
« on: February 23, 2003, 01:35:14 PM »
Ok what i need to know as a noob is this......this server i have with apache file redirect apache is on c: and ut is on lets say d: do i have to have all the maps on the ut2003 maps or can i delete these to save room and just have the game on here and have the maps compressed like you have too under apache??? should be safe to delete the maps and textures under ut2003 i think but i need some help thanks

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 03:00:00 PM by 1056513600 »
Remember kids, if you happen to find yourself upside down and on fire, you've just discovered the meaning of "too fast".

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Re: ut2003 maps ???
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2003, 02:16:41 PM »
In order for a UT2003 server to load maps, the maps have to be in the *.ut2 format in the appropriate directory.  It loads the map list from the default ..\UT2003\Maps directory.

Apache needs the compressed maps/files in it's own directory. . . One way I know that you could overcome this is if you had apache and UT2003 installed on the same drive.

You would have to disable "Compressed Files," and place all of the maps/files uncompressed in your Apache directory.  You would also have to change the UT2003.ini to point to where the maps are located in the Apache redirect.

It should work, but no guarantees.  I do know that you can point maps to a different location in the UT2003.ini : eg.

[Core.System]
PurgeCacheDays=30
SavePath=../Save
CachePath=../Cache
CacheExt=.uxx
Paths=../System/*.u
Paths=../Maps/*.ut2
Paths=../Textures/*.uax
etc. . .

If you map the Paths=../Maps/*.ut2 to your Apache dir you should be okay.

Also you will need to have all of the files uncompressed in your Apache redirect, and then change the line under
[IpDrv.HTTPDownload]
UseCompression=True (to False)

All of the space you will save is the compressed file space. . . what you will have to sacrifice is the speed at which compressed files transfer. . . the choice is yours.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 03:00:00 PM by 1056513600 »