Author Topic: [Frontpage News]Conroe vs. Athlon FX 60  (Read 2821 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
[Frontpage News]Conroe vs. Athlon FX 60
« on: March 13, 2006, 06:04:51 AM »
Conroe vs. Athlon FX 60
Intel's new architecture and chip and labeled the "Conroe" core.  Hexus has managed to take an indepth look at this processor and compares it to an Athlon FX-60.  The FX-60 is running at 2.8GHz, and for the first time in history, the Intel processor is clocked slower at 2.67GHz.  It will be an interesting show if the Conroe can take down AMD's $1000+ processor.  Time will tell how t. . .

I find this news a little troubling for AMD.  They have been the leader of performance CPUs for a while and now their flagship processor is getting hammered from a 'mainstream" Intel part.  I hope that the new AM2 can provide enough juice to keep up a little bit or we'll see the death of AMD by 2008.  I'm a fan of performance for the price, and AMD has been good.  If Conroe rocks like it looks it will, my next upgrade may indeed be an Intel part.

Offline Seeker

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
Re: [Frontpage News]Conroe vs. Athlon FX 60
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2006, 07:35:21 PM »
I'm getting the point, that if it works good after I have then its worth it.. Everything is getting to expensive to change every week.. as long as I can play ut I'll be good..... I'm thinking that these 2 chip powers will be at it a long time well after 2008, maybe the have ppl working in each side?. The last Intel chip I had was the pentium 286.    O0
Remember kids, if you happen to find yourself upside down and on fire, you've just discovered the meaning of "too fast".