Author Topic: [Frontpage News]Zalman VF900-Cu SLI Performance  (Read 3415 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
[Frontpage News]Zalman VF900-Cu SLI Performance
« on: April 24, 2006, 05:35:52 AM »
Zalman VF900-Cu SLI Performance
After taking a look at the Zalman Fatal1ty FS-V7 GPU cooler back in January, I was quite interested in taking a look at the VF900-Cu cooler.  This cooler uses two heatpipes to transfer heat from the base to the fins.  The Fatal1ty GPU cooler performed quite well, but had a couple of shortcomings.  The FS-V7 had no fan controller, and could only be operated at 5v or 12v using the included "Y" adapter.  Zalman has responded and included a fan controller in this setup.  With the incorporation of a couple of heatpipes, VF900-Cu cooler holds some promise.

We've jammed a couple of Zalman GPU coolers into an SLI setup to see how they perform with some very restricted airflow.  The results are instersting as we take a look at the new Zalman VF900-Cu heatsink and compare it to the Zalman FS-V7 Fatal1ty cooler.  The new 900 unit actually uses a couple of heatpipes to make things happen.  Take a look at our review to find out all the details.

Please post any feedback you have regarding this review here.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 06:25:51 AM by Zeus »

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Re: [Frontpage News]Zalman VF900-Cu SLI Performance
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 06:25:33 AM »
We've updated this review to include a comparison of the FS-V7 and the VF900-Cu performance with only one Graphics card in the case at a time.  These new numbers show what the coolers are capable of when there is no air restriction or hot air generated from the second card.  I think you'll find the results interesting, and they can be found on Page 3.