Author Topic: 1 Year Free Webhosting - After Rebate  (Read 5013 times)

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
1 Year Free Webhosting - After Rebate
« on: October 07, 2006, 08:18:03 PM »
Globat is having a sale on a large web hosting package.  This package serves 100GB of space and 1TB of transfer per month.  You get a domain name free and a year of hosting for free after rebate.  Take a look and score some shared hosting.

Offline MegaHz

• Solder Master
  • Steam Name : MegaHz
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Year Free Webhosting - After Rebate
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 01:35:09 AM »
when the sign up page feels sluggish, I have to start wondering about the service itself. Consiering a dedicated box is usually the only way to get 1 TB of bandwidth a month, you have to start to wonder about how much overselling they are doing to make up the money, especially at $7 a month  per account for that much bandwidth. If they seem to have a quick site in 2-3 weeks, then I might consider switching over before locking into another year with my current host, I guess time will tell on this one.

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Re: 1 Year Free Webhosting - After Rebate
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 07:29:36 AM »
On any shared hosting plan where they offer 500GB+ Transfer (and even 100GB from experience) they oversell.  They oversell because many people have a 2MB website that gets 30 hits a month.  They average things out and sell way more than the server has available.  I posted this as a "Free Deal" not necessarily a good webhost.  If you try it, good luck and let us know how they are.