Author Topic: BCC Hardware BF2142 Dedicated 32 Man Public Server in Texas  (Read 22213 times)

Offline MegaHz

• Solder Master
  • Steam Name : MegaHz
    • View Profile
BCC Hardware BF2142 Dedicated 32 Man Public Server in Texas
« on: October 22, 2006, 10:17:02 PM »
Private SoltoN to BCC HQ:
I have set up a dedicated 32 man server in Texas for anyone who wants to to play around on it. I have a few server machines down that way, and one soon to be in Chicago.

If anyone is interested, the IP is 72.232.217.218  default port.

It is unranked, as I am not a trusted partner of EA games, therefore I can't host ranked servers. (you have to "donate" 10 server machines to EA to become a "trusted partner", I looked into it) If we end up doing some 2142 scrims, BCC vs DC, I'd be happy to host them at whatever location everyone pings better to. (the servers are paid for by a 3rd party project that I manage, so there would be no server fees to join in the matches)

If there is enough interest, I will put one up permanently. Let me know what you would like to see for map rotations / game types on this server.

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Re: BCC Hardware BF2142 Dedicated 32 Man Public Server in Texas
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2006, 11:41:15 PM »
Is this the full game or the demo?  I'd be interested in playing some BCC vs The World baby!!!   :knuppel2:

Offline MegaHz

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 05:57:17 AM »
this is the full game, spyware and all  ;)

Offline LobbDogg

• Solder Master
  • and I'm a man who loves his Taffy!
    • View Profile
    • World of Xen
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 02:52:01 PM »
this is the full game, spyware and all  ;)

I just want the spyware part of it...

Thanks Jay for the server, even though I won't be getting the game, I still say thanks.
Intel i7 650 | Asus P6TD Deluxe | Geforce 660 GT | 12 GB Patriot PC12800 | Corsair 600watt Modular PSU

Offline MegaHz

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 06:26:14 AM »
Would it be a good idea to start an interest thread to see how many we could get for a team? I don't see to many ladders coming up just yet, but TWL (teamwarfare.com) is probably the best way to go since after you challenge someone you can choose the day and time of the match.

I'm available every day after 8pm and I get 3 days off a week that are rotating.

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 06:34:57 AM »
I think we should give it some time and gather a team together and play a few matches.  I played on the server last night with a ping of 70 and that isn't bad with my wireless internet connection and down to Texas.  I've asked Nicao to work on a server graphic.  Let's give it a week or two and get a real kicking BCC Team!

A HUGE thanks for the server by the way!!!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 06:35:23 AM by Zeus »

Offline Fujitsu

• JimmyTheKing
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 04:03:56 PM »
Can someone who actually bought the game tell me if its worth it? I personally didn't like the map in the demo, I'm a fan of the smaller maps (Berlin, Karkand, etc.), just curious to see if there is a good variety of maps before I go give 60 bucks to EA

Offline anti-air_grenade

• Static Discharge
  • So.. you like... stuff?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »
I'm going to be getting a copy of the game this weekend hopefully as an early b-day present, so i should be joining in with you all soon. btw fujitsu, i haven't bought the game but i do know that like battlefield 2 it will have small, medium, and large variations of each map. i do not know how good the maps are but there are small ones to play on.

Offline Seeker

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 06:17:58 PM »
Well do to a surprize I have aquired the game thanks Zeus and Killer (more behind this ) lol And plan to install this as soon as im done the forum.. Thanks for doing the server bit.. Ill be on later for sure. Im not amused for the spyware, but my emails are getting thin so maybe this will help!!  I need ads from hair care i guess     O0
Remember kids, if you happen to find yourself upside down and on fire, you've just discovered the meaning of "too fast".

Offline MegaHz

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 08:49:31 PM »
Although I'm not a huge fan of how EA does things, I dont think the spyware is as bad as its made out to be. If you really read the card, I think this is what it boils down to. The only information that they will collect is your IP Address, and probably your hardware specs. The IP address will be used for 2 things. #1 tracking the amount of time spent looking at adds (most likely tracked and stored by IP). #2 localized advertising. This could be kinda cool.. your walking by a billboard and it has a Memory Express ad, or "All you can eat! Korean BBQ and Sushi, 16th Ave across from SAIT"  Now the Hardware specs would be used for the same thing, got a crappy video card? you will see ads for Vid cards. Only 512 Ram? Crucial adverts. I dont know, maybe its just that I hope this is all it is used for...

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 12:58:16 PM »
I've been playing on some ranked servers, but I will be on the BCCHardware Texas server tonight around 9:30MST (I hope).  I hope to see you there!  If you want to find me and add me to your Buddy List - my tag is BCCZeus.  Enjoy!

Offline MegaHz

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 10:43:08 PM »
Sorry about the downtime on the server tonight, we had an error on the UO server that is hosted on the same machine, and it crashed so hard it rebooted windows. I was helping my parents move, so I didn't get home until after midnight to restart it. I have ordered the Chicago box, it should be up within the week. There shouldn't be any more interruptions on the server machine we are on now, I think we have all the bugs worked out.

Offline anti-air_grenade

• Static Discharge
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 06:48:47 PM »
well i've gotten addicted to battlefield 2142 some how lol. if you guys are ever playing send me an invite or whatever. i tried using anti-air-grenade on there but it wouldn't let me for some reason so i'm CKTRP

Offline anti-air_grenade

• Static Discharge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 02:39:08 PM »
So is anyone actually playing? I never seen anyone on. I'm just curious.

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 03:04:38 PM »
I drop in at night for a bit, but because it isn't a ranked server, most people would rather play where they can earn weapon unlocks and such.  We are working on getting a ranked server, and that would be much busier for sure.