Author Topic: [Frontpage News]Sound Blaster X-Fi Issues Explored  (Read 4269 times)

Offline LiViD

• Static Discharge
  • To Punish and Enslave
    • View Profile
    • Altus Geomatics
[Frontpage News]Sound Blaster X-Fi Issues Explored
« on: December 29, 2006, 09:42:58 PM »
Since the problems of the X-Fi came to light, I have been re-thinking my purchase of a new sound card. The Auzentech products have really impressed me so far, and they have more features compared to what the X-Fi comes with.

Some of those features are: DTS Connect, DPL (Dolby ProLogic II), optical inputs and outputs, and upgradable ODAmps. Yeah, it may not have hardware EAX 5.0, but I think that technology is going the way of the do-do bird.
Antec 300 Chassis
Silverstone Strider 750W PSU
GA-X38-DQ6 Rev 1.0
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
Scythe Ninja Mini Cooler
2 x 2GB Mushkin XP2-6400
XFX GeForce 9800 GX2
Asus Xonar D2X

Offline Fujitsu

• JimmyTheKing
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
Re: [Frontpage News]Sound Blaster X-Fi Issues Explored
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 10:00:29 PM »
I keep thinking of trading my Audigy in for another card, but so far haven't found that one that has convinced me, I've had my fair share of Audigy issues, and wasn't even using it, but the onboard sound on my Asus A8V has a terrible echo on the mic, so I was forced to dust off the audigy and slap it back into the rig

I would be more than happy to change to a Non-Creative product, but I've always found it weird that no one has been able to make a product to rival the soundblaster line, every other piece of hardware has at least 2 major players, but it just seems like the sound card market has always been a Creative-ruled industry

Don't get me wrong, the Audigy's are a good card and have alot of great features, I just have had alot of glitches in the past, and it always seems like whenever I've built a new system I've always had a issue related to a Creative product

Maybe my new years resolution will be to try Non-Creative sounds cards out in the new year, lol

Offline LiViD

• Static Discharge
  • To Punish and Enslave
    • View Profile
    • Altus Geomatics
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 11:24:19 PM »
Definitely try out the X-Plosion or the X-Meridian. One of the techs at work was actually stunned at the quality of the sound that the card produced. He later found out that the IC was a C-Media and was stunned even more. :D
Antec 300 Chassis
Silverstone Strider 750W PSU
GA-X38-DQ6 Rev 1.0
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
Scythe Ninja Mini Cooler
2 x 2GB Mushkin XP2-6400
XFX GeForce 9800 GX2
Asus Xonar D2X

Offline Fujitsu

• JimmyTheKing
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 12:06:39 AM »
Yah, C-Media hasn't been a "high-end" name in the past, but hey, I'm willing to give it another chance, I'm thinking once I get my home-theater PC going they might just get the nod

Looking into their products a little more, they seem like they've got alot to offer, not like the old Turtle Beach products that tried to replace Creative, but weren't much more than glorified onboard soundcards