Author Topic: BCCHardware - LANtabulous Event! -=- Now Live!!!  (Read 47206 times)

Offline anti-air_grenade

• Static Discharge
  • So.. you like... stuff?
    • View Profile
Re: BCCHardware - LANtabulous Event! -=- Now Live!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2007, 07:56:15 PM »
I don't care if I'm only there for a few hours i decided i can't miss out. i'll just borrow the car and keep my computer in there if i work so that i can head straight over afterwards. the latest i'll work that day is 6 anyways.

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2007, 08:21:18 PM »
Perfect, you'll be there for some gaming action anyhow.  Good luck and maybe you can even pull out a little early. . . See you at 6:03!!!

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2007, 05:07:53 PM »
Check the first post for some prize information.  Gear is rolling in and ready to be won by those who register for the LAN.  So far we've got over $2,000 worth of prizes available to be won!

Offline Seeker

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 08:55:10 PM »
I'm thinking about for BF2142 a Rank Lockout some ppl might not be a supreme commander lol, not worth playing if this isnt done. Punkbuster also installed , no cheats, mods. Make this a "pure server" or have the server setup so all ppl have the same type of weapons. We should maybe make a poll out of this maybe to see what ppl want. Maybe a breakdown in how the servers are going to be setup... O0
Remember kids, if you happen to find yourself upside down and on fire, you've just discovered the meaning of "too fast".

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 09:11:19 PM »
There are server admins in place that will take care of the servers.  They are competent and will set up the server properly.

Offline Seeker

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2007, 07:08:33 PM »
Not saying that they are not.... Just saying that,  the setup should be common knowledge, I can bring my server also and play to its advantage too.  Or it don't matter anyway, lets play... Who by the way is setting up the servers??
Remember kids, if you happen to find yourself upside down and on fire, you've just discovered the meaning of "too fast".

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2007, 08:45:43 PM »
I can bring my server also and play to its advantage too.  Or it don't matter anyway, lets play...

What the heck?  I take that as saying you think we are going to set up servers that we are going to exploit, cheat and win on?  Um. No.  Have we ever had servers that favored cheats, exploits or gave anyone unfair advantage?  If we have, I apologize - but I'm sure we haven't.  Servers will be set up by trusted BCCHardware members.

Offline Seeker

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2007, 11:08:08 PM »
So then tell us how these server are going to be setup then... I'm asking a simple question that has not been answered.   O0 I knew that would get some game faces on so lets do it... Lets more excited then this as, I have full understanding that these servers will be setup with all the right materials, no advantages no exploits no cheat programs.   lol Anti aircraft missiles(guns)  are a must lol  O0 so I'm working on that now..... hahahah.... On another note ,now that I live closer to town I should be able to help setup and take down, as before this has been a problem.  Unless I have to work till 5pm  :)..... To explain my quote from before, my server is setup my way not what everybody else wants right? Some ppl might not want a pure server,others might not want the "rank lock"...As far as I know bf2142 isnt that easy to go around and add stuff anyway as you have to log in to play... I have never in any post have suggested "cheating" "exploits" you have made that for me. Maybe the wrong type of wording suggest the wrong ideas, for that I'm sorry should have explained better..... O0

Offline Fujitsu

• JimmyTheKing
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007, 12:45:37 AM »
As of right now the server settings have not been finalized, we have servers lined up, just no final settings

The way that the servers will be setup will be fair for everyone, and closer to the event we will let everyone know the exact details, but there will be no hacks/exploits/mods that make it unfair for anyone, everyone will be on the exact same level playing field

Offline Seeker

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2007, 09:54:38 PM »
........... Ummmm thanks for all the questions answered. Till the lan party. I'll start a poll going here soon to help out on what would be nice to have.....

Offline Seeker

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 10:08:31 PM »
Just found this on the web..... Get some cobwebs out maybe.. I know that I'll be on this weekend  O0

http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf/BF2142_News_021307_2.aspx

Total unlocks looks to be....

Offline Seeker

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2007, 08:44:05 PM »
hey looking on the bf2142 site looks to be an update to the game..... version 1.20

here's the link:

http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/bf/BF2142_News_022107.aspx

this is a 274+ meg file so could take some time to get....

« Last Edit: February 21, 2007, 08:46:02 PM by Seeker »

Offline bruce555

• BCC n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2007, 10:28:22 PM »
I hope to come to this. How long does this usually go to? Also why isn't there any sort of sponsor from Memory Express comming. I asked a couple guys there at Mem today and they thought it was weird that nothing was coming in from them. More prizes I think could always be used!!!
E6600, P5B-Deluxe, OCZ 2GB 6400 Plat rev2, EVGA 8800 GTX, Seagate 320GB+250GB, X-fi Xtreme Music, Silverstone Strider 750W, Antec P160w.

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2007, 10:38:40 PM »
We have almost twice as many prizes as people signed up, as ATi, nVidia and Thermaltake told me today that they are in.  Also, MemX may be sponsoring some gaming laptops for some lucky people to use so they don't have to pack their big systems to the LAN.  We are working on several angles, but mostly we try to deal with manufacturers, not just retailers.  I'm sure if I asked they'd offer some gear, but the truth is one sponsor is actually donating a total of 21 prizes - and they are all cool.

Out prize total is actually getting close to $3,000 and that is not bad as our last VulcLAN we had $100.

Offline bruce555

• BCC n00b
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2007, 10:48:31 PM »
ATI, Nvidia, Thermaltake.. Wow those are all big Company's to get ahold of for a sponcership in a LAN. This is extremely interesting to me about Calgary's whole scene. I mean we got Voodoo, a big HP headquarters and well some pretty good local shops. I may just show up to the LAN to get more into the local scene.

I've been mostly contributing to the other sites but I may stick around this one to keep the feel local.
E6600, P5B-Deluxe, OCZ 2GB 6400 Plat rev2, EVGA 8800 GTX, Seagate 320GB+250GB, X-fi Xtreme Music, Silverstone Strider 750W, Antec P160w.