Author Topic: [Frontpage News]8600GT And 8600GTS  (Read 4106 times)

Offline Fujitsu

• JimmyTheKing
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
[Frontpage News]8600GT And 8600GTS
« on: March 15, 2007, 02:49:29 PM »
http://www.bcchardware.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3813&Itemid=1

nVidia is set to launch their latest mid-range DirectX 10 capable hardware on April 17th as they laid out a few months ago.  At this point it looks like they will be first to deliver mid-range DX10 cards to the market.  A few months ago, it looked like ATi might beat them to it, but delays have caused the red team to push things back, while the green team pushes on ahead.  More information and a couple of pictures are a. . .

I am really interested to see the actual pricing on these cards on the release date, because if they perform like they are supposed to and have a reasonable price, ATI is really going to be screwed

Offline Zeus

• I AM Canadian!
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • [S]odbuster
    • View Profile
    • BCCHardware
Re: [Frontpage News]8600GT And 8600GTS
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 07:27:20 PM »
It sounds like the high-end R600 XTX will be a smokin' card and it could take the top spot away from nVidia for like a day until they hard-launch their latest cards.

Offline Fujitsu

• JimmyTheKing
  • BCC Admin
  • Hard Modder!
  • Nostalgia ain't what it used to be
    • View Profile
Re: [Frontpage News]8600GT And 8600GTS
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 09:50:08 PM »
I think its all going to boil down to price, whoever can undercut the other guy will be the winner

Right now I think Nvidia probably has a better shot of being able to undercut ATI, since its been a while since ATI was raking in loads of cash from being the big dog on the video card block