Author Topic: 56k Connection goes dead sometimes  (Read 4435 times)

Offline Howdy Duty

• Case Whacker
    • View Profile
    • GottaGettaGert.com
56k Connection goes dead sometimes
« on: July 22, 2003, 06:39:07 PM »
Hey!

I have an issue with my machine giving me a dead connection every now and then when I connect to the internet.  Usually I'll connect and browse and download and disconnect.  Re-connect, check e-mail and disconnect.  Then re-connect again and I'll succesfully connect, but no data will transmit.  Winxp treats it as if no connection is available.  It won't even try to send data.  Usually the send light will flicker a few times, but nothing comes back.  The only way to get a conneciton again is to re-boot the machine, then it works super.  Why is it doing this and is there any way I can fix it without re-booting?

-HD

Offline Seeker

• Solder Master
    • View Profile
Re:56k Connection goes dead sometimes
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2003, 07:43:03 PM »
Hia HD just a question is it a win modem or hardware?? and could this be a driver problem i know at one time that i had a wrong driver for mine and it kinda worked for a bit then i had a connection but it wasnt going anywhere (lifted up phone and the typical screeching) have you over clocked your system mine doenst like it  just a thought maybe some more info for ppl that dont know your system to well
Remember kids, if you happen to find yourself upside down and on fire, you've just discovered the meaning of "too fast".

Offline Howdy Duty

• Case Whacker
    • View Profile
    • GottaGettaGert.com
Re:56k Connection goes dead sometimes
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2003, 08:15:23 PM »
It's a pure hardware modem with the newest drivers.  It's a Diamond MM SupraExpress 2730, external serial modem.  System is running stock, cept for video.

-HD